Sunday, October 10, 2010

Suicide is a horrible thing. It's such a waste. I've never been suicidal. I can't fathom what it's like to be. So for someone to feel that there is nothing left they can do. That all is hopeless... is the saddest thing to me.

My mom is a lesbian. My entire life I never thought of it as an issue. I never looked at her differently. And I never felt weird about having a gay parent. So of course it doesn't make sense to me when other people do think it's weird. Or when people bully someone for their sexual orientation. It is WRONG to make someone feel bad for however they choose to live, as long as they aren't hurting anyone.

I got made fun of in school, but I know it wasn't that bad. I know that there are kids out there that have it so much worse. I had a friend in high school who truly believed he was worthless and thought all the abuse he got was DESERVED. He thought he deserved to be treated like shit. No one deserves that. NO ONE deserves to be bullied.

When you know you like/love someone, you just know it. It doesn't matter if they are the same sex as you. There is NOTHING wrong with you. And you should do what makes you happy. It may be hard now. your parents or friends might not agree. You may be made fun of or bullied. You may think there is something wrong with you. But don't give up. Don't let other people decide who you are as a person. Try and surround yourself with positive people. And try to laugh and be happy and enjoy life. You have to believe its going to get better. And then one day you'll look back and be so grateful you tried so hard to get where you are. Thankful that you didn't give up.

Please don't give up. Be a million times better than those people that made fun of you.